Leadership requires making decisions every day which impact success – your own and the teams and individuals you lead. When leaders are “unconscious” it simply means they are not self-aware. Unconscious leaders often make decisions when they are in a reactive and defensive state. When we are triggered, we are not creating an environment for others to thrive or be their best.
Conscious leadership means that you are self-aware of your emotions and your impact on others. You respond, rather than react to the situation. A conscious leader is committed to being curious, taking 100% responsibility for the circumstances in their life, and chooses how they react. As a result, they make more informed and thoughtful decisions.
This September, I will lead a 4-hour workshop introducing the basic foundations of The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership. This is a powerful model that provides practical tools that support transformation of your personal and professional life, and your organization’s leadership and culture.
This workshop will highlight key concepts of The 15 Commitments, challenge “businesses as usual” paradigms, revealing unconscious beliefs and behaviors driving you as a leader as well as that of your team.
You will leave with tools to identify and shift from drama to awareness, build team trust, and create a conscious workplace culture. This workshop will help you begin: addressing areas where you and your organization are stuck, moving through those blocks, creating the results that you want.
● The 15 Commitments. This model outlines behaviors and beliefs that are the most significant limiting factors for a team.
● Context vs. Content. Paying attention to context is the key to a drama-free office.
● “Above the Line” vs. “Below the Line”. This distinction is at the heart of repeating drama patterns in organizations. Understanding this model immediately shifts the effectiveness of conversations, both team and organization-wide.
● The Drama Triangle. The triangle roles of Victim, Villain, and Hero are go-to positions that create and perpetuate drama and limit organizational growth and creativity.
● Willingness to Shift. We cover the difference between wanting to shift and being willing to shift. We will explore willingness questions to help you discover if you’re actually willing to shift the issues you say you want to change.
● Shift Moves. We introduce a couple of practical and simple shift moves that you can immediately put into action in the midst of challenging interactions to change the dynamic and outcome.
“Conscious Leadership has been a part of my life for the past four years. The value it has brought to my professional and personal life can’t be measured. The lessons taught through The 15 commitments have made me more aware and helped me grow professionally and personally in ways I couldn’t dream of. I continue to practice Conscious Leadership today and I can't get enough of it!”
- Emily Barron, EVP, Talent and Development at Centro
I have been learning and working with the Conscious Leadership Group, as a Certified Executive and Organizational Consultant for over six years. I am a founding member of the Conscious Leadership Forum, which became the Conscious Leadership Group.
Through my experiences as a former trial lawyer and CEO, I’ve learned the importance of tools that nurture growth and create meaningful impact in the lives of business leaders and their function in the world. None have been more powerful than The 15 Commitments.
This work has transformed my life. I now teach these same tools to the leaders that I coach and have seen similar results in their lives and the organizations they lead.
Date & Time: Mon, September 17, 2018, 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM CDT
Location: Centro Offices, 11 E Madison Street, 6th Floor, Chicago, IL 60602
Please join me for this engaging workshop!